Health Care Law
Our firm provides comprehensive representation in all facets of health care law.
- Providing legal assistance and strategic advice to physicians, physician groups, hospitals, management service organizations and other health care institutions
- Determining the legal framework and strategic planning for mergers, consolidations and the purchase and sale of medical practices
- Developing sophisticated compliance programs for anti-kickback and self referral prohibitions – suitable for both small and large organizations
- Representing individuals and companies to resolve corporate issues, defend malpractice claims and interface with the governmental interpretation of administrative, regulatory and statutory rules impacting the health care industry.
Other areas of Health Care Law practice include:
- Certificate of Need
- Corporate Organization
- Electronic Discovery
- Environmental and Medical Hazardous Waste Issues
- FCA, Civil and Qui Tam
- Health Information Technology
- HIPAA Compliance
- Hospital Provider Relations
- Joint Ventures
- M & A Restructuring
- Medical Staff/ Fair Hearing
- Peer Review
- Professional Licensure
- Regulatory Compliance
- Regulatory Counsel
- Research Agreements
- Stark / Anti-Kickback
Our work in medical malpractice defense has been a cornerstone of Giarmarco, Mullins & Horton, P.C. Through our experience in representing hospitals, physicians and other health providers, we have earned a reputation as one of the outstanding medical malpractice defense firms.
Medical Malpractice Attorneys
The Attorneys who defend medical malpractice cases have devoted virtually all of their practice defending medical malpractice cases. This intense focus led to the recognition of our medical malpractice attorneys as leading authorities in the field, who understand and coordinate the intricate medical issues and practice approaches which can make this litigation very complex. Our experience has also allowed our attorneys to develop expertise in, and focus their attention on, particular medical fields. The extensive experience of our senior trial attorneys’ knowledge is unmatched in the region, and allows us to quickly and efficiently analyze complex medical care and develop a thorough defense strategy.
Coordination with Leading Physicians
Our extensive experience and our integrity as lawyers have allowed us to develop very positive and trusting relationships with leading specialists, both regionally and nationally. These contacts are not limited solely to legal representation or physician work as expert witnesses. Our cooperative efforts have included frequent presentations on medical legal issues, in-house programs for physicians and hospital staff, and partnering with physicians to co-author medical textbooks and articles. These efforts have promoted an increased understanding of the medical and legal issues confronting our clients and strengthened our ties with the physician community across the country.
The positive relationships we have developed with the medical community have also fostered a unique working relationship with leading physicians when there is a need for medical experts. Our qualifications and reputation allow us access to nationally renowned and highly credible physicians for consultation and expert review Because of their trust and respect for the firm, we are often able to obtain consultation with these leading physicians on short notice. Our ability to utilize such leaders in the field as our experts means we do not rely on suspect expert witness services or overused experts whose credibility is subject to doubt and attack.
Health Care & Corporate Law Attorneys
Medical Malpractice Defense Attorneys
- LeRoy H. Wulfmeier,III, Chair, Medical Malpractice Defense Section
- John R. Fleming
- Alexis Gipson-Goodnough
- Victoria S. Lehman
- Jared M. Trust
- Donald K. Warwick