SEND US A MESSAGE
CHAT WITH US
Chat live with an attorney
Skilled Immigration Attorneys for Businesses & Families
SUBSCRIBE TO GMH IMMIGRATION LAW eNEWS
Educated, Experienced Immigration Representation
As members of the American Immigration Lawyers Association and the International Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan, we remain informed of the latest developments in the area of immigration law and advise our clients as to the impacts of these developments on their long and short-term goals. Our driving purpose is to merge our skill with a vast array of immigration law resources to provide timely and effective counseling and representation.
Competent and compassionate handling of family immigration matters is an important part of successfully reuniting families separated by national borders. With a comprehensive understanding of the law and our clients’ personal situations, we strive to alleviate the stress and worry that can arise when trying to bring a loved one to the United States. Our guidance throughout the immigration process includes mitigating obstacles to a successful outcome and keeping our clients advised of developments in their application process. Our family immigration services include:
- Assisting U.S. citizens or permanent residents seeking to bring their spouses, parents, and children to the United States
- Assisting with fiancé petitions
- Assisting with applications for naturalization
- Assisting foreign workers’ family members with applications for travel documents and employment authorizations
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Effective immigration assistance provides companies with a competitive advantage they need in today’s global economy. We recognize the importance of international skill and talent to companies both large and small and provide assistance with both temporary and permanent employment immigration matters. Our business immigration services include:
- Assisting in the selection of appropriate visas for foreign workers
- Assisting companies employing foreign nationals working in professional and specialty occupations (H-1B)
- Assisting multinational businesses, both established and start-ups, with visas for intra-company transferees (L-1A and L-1B)
- Assisting with applications for treaty-investor (E-2) and treaty-trader (E-1) visas
- Assisting with applications for Canadian (TN-1) and Mexican (TN-2) professional worker status under NAFTA
- Assistance with employment-based immigrant (Green Card) petitions for permanent employment of multinational executives, managers, and other professionals
The Employment Eligibility Verification form, commonly known as I-9, is often more complex than it appears. All persons newly-hired by an employer, even for just one day, must undergo I-9 verification. Mistakes in document verification and other compliance failures can result in significant fines or even allegations of discrimination. Our immigration attorneys help businesses to achieve and maintain effective I-9 compliance through the development of programs designed to meet verification and recordkeeping requirements.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU, NO MATTER HOW BIG OR SMALL YOUR NEEDS MAY BE.
immigration law news
Gianmarco, Mullins & Horton is pleased to welcome David Occhiuto as an associate to the firm's Troy office, where he will practice in our Medical Malpractice Defense group. David focuses his practice on defending healthcare professionals and institutions. He has...
Congratulations, Victoria Lehman on being nominated as a Michigan Go-To Lawyer for Medical Malpractice. The Michigan Lawyers Weekly’s program honors leading lawyers in a particular field of law as nominated by their peers. Michigan’s Go To Lawyers identifies and...
Julius H. Giarmarco Voted the 2023 "Lawyer of the Year" for Trusts and Estates in Troy Julius H. Giarmarco, Chair of the Trust and Estate Planning Group of Giarmarco, Mullins & Horton, P.C., has been selected by peers for...
F (248) 457-7001