A former member of the Detroit Police Department, Ralph “Skip” Maccarone has been a practicing attorney for over
He was Supervisor of the Charter Township of Shelby for eight years. He is a Michigan Employment Relations Commission arbitrator, fact finder, and grievance administrator; and a Commercial Panel Member Arbitrator of the American Arbitration Association.
He has served as interim legal counsel to the Macomb County Board of Commissioners, Interim Macomb County Corporation Counsel, and was Executive Director of the Macomb County Charter Commission, responsible for creating the Executive form of government for Michigan’s third most populous county. As a former member of Walsh College’s adjunct faculty, he has taught American Public Administration and Governmental Management.
He is a member of the State Bar of Michigan Alternative Dispute Resolution, Business Law, Labor & Employment Law,
Public Corporation Law, Real Property Law and Master Lawyers Sections, and is Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review
Rated “AV Preeminent”.
Mr. Maccarone also serves as a Macomb Circuit Court Civil and Neutral Labor and Employment Law Case Evaluator. As ‘Of Counsel’ to Giarmarco, Mullins & Horton, P.C., he provides municipal prosecution services to the Townships of Oakland, Orion, and Oxford, in the 52-3 District Court in Rochester Hills.
Areas of Practice
- Employment & Labor
- Real Estate
- Wayne State University, B.S. in Criminal Justice
- Detroit College of Law, J.D.
Admitted to Practice
- Past Member of the Detroit Police Department
- State Bar of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- Business, Employment, Labor and Real Estate Law Practice 1983-2000
- Township Supervisor – Charter Township of Shelby, Macomb County, Michigan 2000-2008
- Executive Director of Macomb County Charter Commission 2009
- Interim Independent Legal Counsel to the Macomb County Board of Commissioners 2011
- Michigan 41-A District Court Civil Case Evaluator 2012
- Interim Macomb County Corporation Counsel 2013
- Adjunct Faculty Member, Walsh College, Troy, Michigan 2009 -2014
- Macomb Circuit Court Civil and Neutral Labor and Employment Law Case Evaluator 2015