SEND US A MESSAGE
CHAT WITH US
Chat live with an attorney
Taxation Attorneys with Comprehensive Experience
Our experienced Taxation Attorneys:
SUBSCRIBE TO GMH TAXATION eNEWS
Preventative Taxation Services
The best defense is a good offense. Preventative taxation measures help ensure you and your business are always in compliance, and at no or minimal risk for a taxation issue. GMH attorneys can help you navigate through the often confusing aspects of the tax world with the following services:
- Tax planning for individuals, corporations, estates, and trusts
- Corporate taxation, including S corporations
- Corporate and business reorganizations, mergers, acquisitions, and liquidations
- Partnership and limited liability company taxation
- International taxation of entities and individuals
- Qualified and non-qualified pension and profit sharing plans and ESOPs
- Excise tax matters
Defensive Taxation Services
It’s not always possible to avoid taxation situations. If you or your business is facing a negative taxation issue, GMH’s taxation attorneys have the experience and the knowledge to help you tackle those issues head-on. Here are a few of the defensive taxation services we can help you with:
- Tax audits — federal, state and local
- Administrative tax appeals — federal, state and local
- Litigation in the United States Tax Court; United States District Court; United States Court of Federal Claims; Michigan Tax Tribunal; and the State of Michigan Court of Claims
- Appeals to all federal and state appellate courts, including the United States Supreme Court
- Tax collection activities, both federal and state
- Employment tax penalties
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU, NO MATTER HOW BIG OR SMALL YOUR NEEDS MAY BE.
Wagner Argues in Michigan Supreme Court
On December 8, 2022, Geoffrey S. Wagner argued before the Michigan Supreme Court in Cramer v Transitional Health Service of Wayne (MSC No. 163559). In Cramer, the plaintiff was electrocuted at work, causing her to fall off a ladder. She sought workers’ compensation...
Keela Johnson Authors Article for State Bar of Michigan
Keela Johnson authored an article for the State Bar of Michigan entitled, "Is there a formula for parenting time?" where she outlines the many nuances of formulating parenting time and resources that can be guides, but not necessarily the rule for both parents and...
GMH Welcomes New Associate to Business Litigation Group
Giarmarco, Mullins & Horton is pleased to welcome Katie Stearns as an associate to the firm's Troy office, where she will practice in our Business Litigation group. Katie has experience handling a wide variety of commercial matters, including breaches of contract,...
F (248) 457-7001