Mr. James Rayis, is a shareholder of Giarmarco, Mullins & Horton, P.C. He practices in the areas of international business and corporate law, organization structuring, joint ventures and mergers, trade law, trademark prosecutions (registration) and trademark enforcement.
Mr. Rayis has worked closely with clients from all areas of the world including Europe, Southeast Asia and Africa. He has extensive experience in Middle East and North African business combinations. He represents companies in U.S. Government contract and procurement matters and disputes.
James is former Chairman of the American Bar Association International Law Middle East Committee and State Bar of Georgia International Law Section. He also served as Chair of the Birmingham-Bloomfield (MI) Chamber of Commerce Public Policy Committee.
Mr. Rayis served in Iraq as the first Director of Global Justice Program – Iraq, a U.S. State Department program focused on judicial and bar association independence from central government pressure or control.
- International Business and Corporate Law
- Trade, Import/Export
- Government Contracts
- Trademark Prosecutions and Disputes
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Michigan State University, B.A.
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D.
Admitted to Practice
- Michigan, Washington D.C., Georgia, Colorado
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Eleventh Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals; Federal Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court- Federal District; E.D. MI; N.D. GA