Mr. Horton has been trying lawsuits for over 30 years. He primarily practices in the areas of business and commercial disputes, employment law, and real estate cases. Many cases are related to the automobile industry.
Bill is certified as a Civil Trial Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, the foremost national organization to certify trial skills.
In business litigation, Bill has tried numerous shareholder disputes, claims of misappropriation of trade secrets, breach of non-competition agreements, and other competitive disputes.
Bill has been involved in the licensure, protection, and litigation surrounding a number of software and other intellectual property developments. He is the former Chairperson of the State Bar Information Technology Law Section.
Bill became involved in a lake access dispute many years ago and has since handled dozens of cases involving riparian rights in many trial courts, the Michigan Court of Appeals and the Michigan Supreme Court.
Bill has an “AV” Peer Review rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest ranking by peers for ethical standards and legal ability.
- Health Care
- Business Disputes
- Business Litigation
- Non-Compete and Trade Secrets
- Class Action and Multi-District Litigation
- Oakland University, B.A.
- Michigan State University Detroit College of Law, J.D.
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- Sault Ste. Marie Chippewa Tribal Court