Mr. Walsh has focused his practice on resolving complex, commercial business disputes for more than 20 years, including insolvency and bankruptcy matters, commercial finance and related banking matters and manufacturing supply chain, customer and intellectual property matters, among many others. Sean has tried many of these disputes in a variety of state and federal courts and before administrative tribunals and has gained extensive experience in a broad array of substantive legal areas and industries.
Over the course of his practice, Sean has gained extensive experience from his engagements involving, among others, the following types of matters:
- Planning, negotiation, implementing and litigating vendor, supply chain and customer relationships, including disputes regarding the invention, ownership, licensing and use of intellectual property and alleged violations of technology licensing agreements.
- Representing secured creditors, including banking institutions and private equity investors, and borrowers in connection with commercial lending disputes, including loan workouts and related insolvency, liquidation and bankruptcy proceedings.
- Representing healthcare providers in connection with practice management issues; physician credentialing disputes; and insurance, Medicare and Medicaid billing disputes, including the defense of RICO actions filed by medical and no fault automobile insurance companies against providers.
- Representing businesses, including their stakeholders, officers and directors, in disputes concerning alleged violation of state and federal securities laws; alleged breaches of fiduciary and other duties; and corporate governance and shareholder agreements and oppression.
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar