The Pontiac Silverdome could face a wrecking ball in the next six weeks, city officials confirmed Friday.
As part of a consent agreement an Oakland County judge signed in March, owners of the long-empty site’s had to have selected a contractor by May 12, and that firm had until Friday to submit a permit application and demolition start date.
Triple Investment Group LLC, which has owned the property since 2009, last month retained Detroit-based Adamo Group as the contractor. A demolition permit was provided to Pontiac Thursday along with permit fees and performance bonds, said J. Travis Mihelick, an attorney for the city.
“Because of the significant size of the project, the city and the owner are in the process of finalizing the scope of work that is part of the application, which I anticipate to be completed shortly,” he told The Detroit News on Friday. “The owner is in the process of finalizing the utility disconnects, which we are hopeful will be completed in the next few weeks. The parties are optimistic of potentially having a mid-July start date.”